Saturday, October 6, 2007

Happy ----- & Single!!!!!! Unbelievable

I was today for a while in the company of two successful, intelligent & single women. One of them - "A" - is an old friend (much cherished) and the other - "D" - I had met for the first time.

Somehow the conversation steered towards men, relationships, marriage, etc ..etc. They both have known each other for a while. They party together as often as they can. They both are older than I am. A is a beautiful person and is in a new relationship and she has moved into this relationship right after walking out of the last one. There was probably a one month gap. D on the other hand I believe is single and - ready to mingle.

They both are looking forward to settling down. They want to. D said its not cool any more to party and realise that most people her age are married and out of the party circuit. A seconds that opinion. They don't want to come home to an empty house. They want to have someone to share the end of the day with. They want to be taken care of. They want to watch a movie with someone special, candle light dinners, et al. They know that if they get there they will be happy.

I will be their age soon. Will I be thinking the same thoughts. Probably not!

I am happily single. I asked myself why don't I have the same desires. Why don't I look forward to getting into a relationship? There are too many reasons. My life is full. In most ways. S has also asked me the same thing. She said - S... why don't u find someone. And I went blank!!!!

Most of the things that give me happiness are already there with me and most often, I am the only one giving me that. Self dependent! that's what i am. But that's not with a very comfortable reason. I don't take the risk of someone else making me happy. Family and friends are enough.

A said that- u never seem desolate or lonely or sad with the absence of a man in your life.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

I will marry... when I meet someone who I want to be with and not need to be with...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh never mind the presence of a man... Its not the be all and end all. Live in the moment n experience the love , passion, excitement , happiness, blah dee dah....all emotions associated with a relationship...! Most of the times its only a perception that you have someone special to hold your hand... Truth is "Ekla Chalo re!"