Tuesday, October 21, 2008

On Love and Logic

I have often spoiled things by asking too many questions. It just never occured to my poor brain that it should shut up. Not shut up on the outside (which I do) but shut up on the inside. One great spoil word is "Why". Most popularly used by yours truly. So much so that when someone expressed love ... yep..u got it.. I asked (to myself..thank god for small mercys) "why".

And then came the eureka moment. I discovered that feelings begin when the mind is shut out. Logic is incapable of comprehending the reasons of love.

I used to look at some friend of mine who "appeared" to be in love with a jerk (he was a jerk in my books only) and think to myself - why? what does she see in him? It never occured that jerk or not .... they suit eachother just fine.


5 comments:

kau kau goes the crow said...

Too many questions knocking about in your head Shazia... somethings u just do..

To quote and adapt Tennyson from "Charge of the Light Brigade"

Ours not to reason why..Ours just to do and die..

Apply this to love & life.
There would always be something beyond our control, worrying about them and having the right questions for them cant wish them away either. When u move forward..answers too happen to us. Its letting go that matters. Life is richer and more fun.

Logic and Love can and do co-exist for individuals of Reason. But the moot point is,at the tipping point,action has to happen

SA said...

this was good stuff you wrote. I have to read it more than twice.

kau kau goes the crow said...

Grazie for thee kind words

Unknown said...

Shaz, option one for you is to replace the why with a when
option two is to go mad....

if you take away the question marks in your head there will be flood in mumbai streets ...
so stick to option one. To make it interesting and complex enough, you may also use what, where etc...

Cheerio! babes... chill out and njoy

SA said...

hahahahha gauri u r mean but funny....