Sunday, September 16, 2007

My Smart "S"

Yesterday was one of my proudest moment with S. She and I were returning from somewhere..... were on our activa...with me riding... both without helmets.....A cop pulls up along side and asks us to stop. We pull over. He asks me for my license and I show it to him. He says he would fine us 100 bucks. He also says... that I can collect my license in four days time meanwhile he would issue me a temp license. By then S is visibly agitated. She asks this cop.... why are we being fines. He says highway driving without helmet. Then I ask him if he will give me a reciept for my fine and he says no. So S says - you cant keep the license. You cant take the money without the reciept. She then tuns the full heat on this apparently dilligent ***** cop. She pulls out her phone while telling him that I know you are tricking me and I know the rules buddy. She says to the cop --- wait I'll call Mr.X and cross check what you are saying. On hearing Mr.X' name... the cop goes into shock. His ****ing expression completely changes and for the first time the ***er smiles.... and that was the stupidest smile ever! He hands me my license. Says - madam pls wait by the side of the road.... I'll be back in five mins..... and he speeds off......
What do I do - I move to the side of the road. S says - S u gotta run.... the ****er just gave us a ****ing window! Run! Run!.... and we ran off!
Yes I can be incredibly stupid.... and in comparison with S in that moment.... I was astoundingly stupid.....I was actually gonna wait for that guy to come back .... :)
S and I laughed about it the whole day. I asked her if she really knew Mr X.... who is a top official in traffic police.... and she said yes.... she has met at work....
I think i am gonna remember for a long time what a running cop looks like.....

No comments: